Sunday, November 4, 2012

at the palace, Changgyeonggung(창경궁, 昌慶宮)

street scenery along the wall of the palace


Myeongjeongjeon





a couple taking photos before wedding


Myeongjeongjeon

Main gate seen from the Myeongjeongjeon

The palace, Changgyeonggung, locates at Yeji-dong, Changgyeonggung-ro across Seoul National University Hospital. I went there on last Friday in the afternoon. Years had passed since I'd visited. People walked along the wall of the palace under the colored big trees. Cars were running fast on the street. But inside the palace it was very quiet. While sketching I could see a pretty couple in Korean traditional attirement taking photos before wedding. Near to sunset the palace showed another kind of beauty with dark shade and streaks of light which was different from one with full sunlight. I met one guy with a big camera, who was a painter. I introduced him about Urban Sketchers blogs and Sketchcrawl events too.

No comments: